Put yourself in the customers’ place. in ways that mystery shoppers can help you identify issues in your face-to-face sales experience, taking yourself through the full process online can reveal any gaps or problems with your ecommerce programs.
Exceptional customer service has been proven to be the new competitive advantage in today’s economy.
Monday, 6 October 2014
Monday, 7 July 2014
So what to do? Well, accept the situation. Figure out the areas where you can still exceed your customers in knowledge or, perhaps more likely, awareness and depth of sensibility. (I can read the on my iphone till I’m blue in the eyes, but my saleswoman at Nordstrom still knows better than I that “Papaya and Neptune are great colours for you in jeans, Micah,” [thank you, Joanne Hassis at the King of Prussia, PA Nordstrom] because she has a better awareness of me than I do myself.)
Monday, 30 June 2014
- 1. Sometimes work can serve as an escape from our problems at home. One of my Vice President’s, Dave Walter, had some of the best advice for our own Conversational Marketing Experts (CMEs) who might be experiencing trauma in their personal lives that carries over to their professional work. He said, “Focus on leaving your problems at the door and relax. Your problems are going to still be there when you clock out and go home.” This is true. For some people, work can actually be a sort of getaway from the circumstances of our home lives and, ultimately, an environment in which we can better ourselves without focusing on what it might be that is bringing us down.
- 2. At Incept, we truly have a human resource department that goes above and beyond in helping our employees. Sometimes all it takes to feel better about a situation is an open ear to let it out to. A third-party perspective is always good to hear. Human resource managers and directors are often also sources of legitimate guidance. If you are stressing about money problems and money management, they can guide you towards groups and give you information on how to handle monetary problems. If you are having personal issues, such as domestic violence or other similar situations, they can also serve as a third-party who can help you resolve your immediate issue in a private manner. If you feel like you need mental counselling due to outside work circumstances, many H.R. managers have the resources to point you in the right direction towards receiving help. I write about this with our own H.R. director in mind, as Lee-Ann Zackiewicz has served many of our own employees with a helping hand over the years.
- 3. Music has a healing effect on many people. It has the ability to convey what people feel when they lack the ability to find the words to describe what it is they are feeling. Take some time on your lunch or a break to simply get some time to yourself and listen to a few uplifting tunes. You’d be astounded at what the right song can do for your mood.
Wednesday, 25 June 2014
Monday, 23 June 2014
Friday, 20 June 2014
No customer service employee should ever be abandoned on an island, no matter how good they might be at their job. Not only will your employees need the best support possible, your customers will to. Never forget that working in a team is more productive than working on your own as the lone ranger.
Sometimes doing what’s best for your team and your customers is admitting when something is beyond your abilities. Don’t be afraid to pass a customer along to another team mate or tell them that you’ll get back to them in a short while with a more informed answer. The customer will appreciate your honesty even if it takes bit longer. Lying is a sure fire way to fail at turning customers into advocates for your business.
Not only should you and the rest of your support team be in place to take care of customers when they call (defence), you’ll also want to get in touch with customers to see how they’re doing before they call (offence). Take a minute and think about how reassuring it feels knowing that you’re supported by your customer service team mates. Make your customers feel the same way.
While it might be tempting to use any means necessary to win the customer service game, always play by the rules and refrain from playing dirty. Even if you don’t get caught the first time or even the third time, you never know when the truth will catch up to you.
Credit: Ben Puzzuoli
Monday, 16 June 2014
- Treatment #1: “Prospects who abandoned the free trial sign-up were sent an email that focused on the value of the software.”
- Treatment #2: “Prospects are engaged by addressing the elements of anxiety, or what lead them to abandon the sign-up process.”