Monday 2 December 2013

CUSTOMERS PROTEST ARIK AIR FREQUENT FLIGHT DELAY



Some passengers of Arik Air on Saturday protested treatment suffered in the hands of Nigeria’s biggest domestic airline.
The passengers at the Magaret Ekpo International Airport in Calabar, the Cross River State capital, had their flight delayed by almost four hours.
ccurrence was becoming a norm, saying the Lagos flight W3 504 scheduled for 1300hrs was delayed till 1630hrs.
“I cannot believe this and I may sue them. I have a function in Lagos which obviously I have missed. I was supposed to be at the wedding reception of a long time friend. But I had an engagement in the morning so I promised him that I will attend the reception.
“Now look at the time; we will arrive Lagos approximately 5:30pm. Then I have to rush down to Ikoyi from Murtala Mohammed Airport (in Ikeja). Wouldn’t it be better if I had stayed back,” he asked rhetorically.
Among those caught in the delay are medical practitioners under the aegis of Association Psychiatrists in Nigeria, APN. The group was in Calabar for a seminar on the theme:
‘Trauma beyond the physical’
One of them who spoke to DailyPost expressed dissatisfaction at the development, calling for appropriate sanction.
“We came here for a programme. Most of us should be in Lagos now with our families enjoying the weekend. I experienced this with Arik few weeks ago; it was an Abuja bound flight. This is no good for their corporate image.
Officials of the company refused to state reason for the delay. They were however seen appealing to the angry travelers to exercise patience.
“Please bear with us, we are very sorry. Everyone will be lifted soon,” a staff assured in response to a complaint by a traveler.
DailyPost observed that some of the passengers took interest in the Arsenal vs Cardiff football match as they await the announcement of their flight.
Later, the voice of a lady called them for checking and boarding. The time was exactly 4:28pm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment