Saturday 31 August 2013

MY BITTER EXPERIENCE AT FIRST BANK OJODU

I received a mail from an aggrevied reader and a customer of First Bank,please check it out and I hope they respond to this mail: I went in to First Bank Ojodu at about 12.10pm on Thursday 29 August 2013 to lodge in cash of N15,000 to enable someone stranded in Ore withdraw and use it for an urgent purpose. I got to the bulk tellers on the ground floor where there was only one customer at that time, yet they directed me upstairs to meet any of the tellers. I joined the queue in front of teller 1 but after about 2 minutes, one of the security men announced that 10 of us should go to the bulk room downstairs and make our lodgements (to decongest the hall). I immediately left and met the same teller who directed me up and made my lodgement. I left with the hope that within 15 minutes max, the deposit would have been posted and sent a message to the beneficiary to be expecting the money. I went to Yaba and the Island and along the way i got several calls from the beneficiary that his account had not been credited. They requested for the branch and teller number, i sent details to them. I got the last call at about 3.55pm that the account has not ben credited. By this time I was on my way back and should drive past the branch. At 4.02pm, i got to the branch, explained to one of the staff I met outside who simply said that the deposit would be posted and he entered the office. I had to shout and almost caused a scene before the security man outside could allow me in (as it was after 4pm and the bank had closed)

I eventualy entered and went straight to the teller that attended to me, shouted and made noise, she then brought out a heap of unposted tickets (about 30), meanwhile the merchant teller who should post the tickets was sitting next to her. She now sorted the tickets and brought out my transaction for posting, at this time it was 4.15pm. I asked myself if it would have been better to send the money through any of the transport companies, at least the vehicle would have gotten to Ore in less than 3 hours and would have saved me over one hour.

Deji M.

2 comments:

  1. You never told them the urgency..............
    And here you are condemning them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever heard of internet banking...apply for one it will save you the hassles

    ReplyDelete