Thursday 20 March 2014

WRONG GTB ACCOUNT CREDITED BY TELLER


I got this mail from a reader and I hope GTB will respond to it:

A friend of mine wanted to use my account to pay her school fees online,on the 14-03-2014,which I gave her my account number. She mistakenly wrote a wrong account number on the teller, substituting the 8 for 3 in the wrong account.

Later, I didn't receive any alert on my phone indicating she has paid the money, because she was calling me constantly to confirm if I have received an alert.

Later, she went back to the branch GTB,agbara branch on Monday 17-03-2014,and she was told that the money has been paid to the wrong account, that she should come back the next day,which was yesterday to bring the real account number from me.

She went yesterday with the real account details,and she was told that the person that owns the wrong account has withdrawn the money,that the bank called the owner of the wrong account,and he promised to pay back in two weeks time,and nothing can be done till the owner of the wrong account returns the money.

I later call GTB customer care-0700482666328, spoke with one Victoria,and she said the wrong account is a Dollar account,and no way that Naira can be paid to the account, she collected all the details,and said I should call back, for her to get in touch with the branch, when I called back,I spoke with another person entirely, all he did was to collect my details again.

The name of the bank's teller is Micheal Adebowale,and Amount is 30000.

Is it possible for bank to pay into a wrong account?

Have not being chanced to go myself because of my many commitments.

Please, I want someone to give me idea of what to do before going there myself.

1 comments:

  1. Lets d factual the teller is to blame.because asides from the account no there is an account name and then a phone number.if axct no and name dont coreespond d depositor should b contacted. I had made a mistake luke that in diamond bank and i was called to pls re verify cos the details werent accurate . dis is coming late, I'm sure you have sorted it now pls share or experience on how it was sorted. The bank should repay u

    ReplyDelete