Monday 4 November 2013

ACCESS BANK FRUSTRATES ME


I have an account with Access Bank Plc, Iwo Road branch Ibadan, Oyo State. On January 28, 2012, I lodged N12, 000 into the account at the Bodija branch of the bank to aid the processing of an admission to a university in Canada. But the money was not credited into the account. Because of this, the University of Regina, Canada, where I was seeking admission could not deduct the sum of $100 from the account. My receipt number was 11452613. Despite repeatedly visiting the bank to complain that I was getting negative report from the school website about my payment, nothing was done until the admission closed on March 1, 2012. This made me lose a 4-year-academic scholarship that covered my family’s movement to Canada.
Previously, the bank also failed to effect a payment of N35,000 I made through a check number 061921511 to an insurance company for Premium Life Assurance on my daughter on January 8, 2011.
Even when I instructed my lawyer to write the bank in March 2012 through its South West Regional Office, Ring Road, Ibadan and Bodija branch, there was no response for several months despite evidence that the letters were received.
Olusola Z.A, Plot 7, Alapata Ojoo, Ibadan Oyo State, zealwitease@yahoo.com, 08144866xxx

Culled from Saturday Punch,November 3rd 2013.

0 comments:

Post a Comment